The African Heritage & Health CPE Course: Available March 2013
The African Heritage & Health online CPE course will give dietitians and other health professionals an in-depth overview of the African Heritage Diet and the information and tools to guide clients to better health through heritage.
Covering many topics, this online training course:
- Describes the prevalence of Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and other diet-related chronic diseases in people of African Heritage and identifies barriers to achieving better health and nutrition outcomes.
- Describes the traditional healthy eating patterns and historical foodways of the African Diaspora, and reviews the expression of this healthy eating pattern as shown in the African Heritage Diet Pyramid.
- Presents the scientific evidence supporting the benefits of traditional, plant-based and fiber-filled diets, like the Mediterranean Diet.
- Presents Oldways’ African Heritage & Health public health programming—materials and resources, initiatives, partnerships, and future programming for dietitians and health professionals.
- Identifies how this cultural dietary model can be used to impact positive health and lifestyle outcomes.
Contact us if you'd like to be notified when this program goes live.