African Heritage & Health CPE Course
The African Heritage Diet:
An Innovative Tool for Combating Diabetes, Obesity, and Other Diet-Related Chronic Diseases
Oldways created the African Heritage Diet Pyramid in 2011 to inspire better health through heritage.
This course offers an in-depth overview of the African Heritage Diet as an evidence-based, culturally meaningful, nutrition intervention guide. Health professionals will find information and tools here to help clients of African heritage prevent and manage many of today’s chronic, diet-related diseases.
If you are a dietitian or a dietetic technician, simply follow the instructions to learn more about the African Heritage Diet and earn two CPE credit hours.
- Read the Learning Objectives at the right for this CPE self study program
- Watch Learning Module 1: The African Heritage Diet Pyramid Webinar to begin the course.
- Then download and click through Learning Module 2: The African Heritage & Healthcare Powerpoint.
- Download and read the Supplemental Reading Packet for more detailed information about specific health conditions.
- To ensure you have met the Course Objectives, download and complete the course’s CPE Quiz. When you are finished, download and view the CPE Answer Key.
- Complete the CPE Online Evaluation Form to receive your CPE credits.
- Finally, download Oldways’ CPE Certificate of Completion for this course. This verifies successful completion and earns you 2 credit hours.
Congratulations on your completion!
If you have questions about this CPE course, please contact Sarah McMackin at firstname.lastname@example.org.