From food stands in Soho to your local supermarket, savory yogurts are all the rage. Although we often focus on topping ours with granola, diced fruit, and other seasonal sweets, it’s a great time to get on the savory (yogurt) train.
In all honesty we have been eating savory Greek yogurt for years and enjoying Mediterranean diet favorites such as tzatziki and labneh. Our 12 ways to Use Greek Yogurt features some delicious and savory ways to enjoy it and master the next chapter in the yogurt chronicles.
Providing up to twice the protein of regular yogurt and nutrients galore (calcium, magnesium and potassium, to name a few) Greek yogurt brings a lot of health benefits to the table. From blood pressure and weight management to bone and gut health, Greek yogurt has you covered. So, get started with some taste testing to get more savory yogurt on your menu. Explore the options at your local grocery store or buy some plain Greek yogurt and get creative!
9 Divine Greek Yogurt Mix-Ins
To help get you create your own savory concoctions, we have come up with some suggestions for what you can add to plain Greek yogurt. And remember, you can eat these savory yogurts with a spoon or use as a spread on a sandwich, as a dressing for a salad, or whatever else inspires you!
NOTE: With all of these options we suggest a sprinkle of salt and pepper, in some cases, a drizzle of olive oil would be great; season according to your taste preference.
- Crumbled Feta, Aleppo pepper and chickpeas
- Za’atar and diced cucumbers
- Finely diced raw zucchini, chopped olives, and fresh chopped parsley
- Chopped scallions, diced tomatoes, and fresh chopped cilantro
- Diced avocado, fresh basil, and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Shredded raw beets, fresh chopped dill, and chopped walnuts
- Chopped red peppers (raw or roasted) and toasted pine nuts
- Diced tomatoes, fresh chopped mint, and chopped pistachios
- Finely diced red onion, fresh chopped dill, and diced tomatoes
Are you a savory yogurt fan? Any favorite flavors/toppings? Tell us about it, we’d love to hear from you!