If you’d like to introduce your audience to the African Heritage Diet at a health fair or in a class but don’t have the opportunity to teach the full 6-week cooking and nutrition class series (A Taste of African Heritage), this demo kit is the perfect starting point.
It’s also a great way to drum up interest in an upcoming A Taste of African Heritage class series by giving participants a taste of what they’ll encounter in the full program.
- African Heritage Diet Pyramid
- Preparing for Your Demo
- Demo Shopping Guide
- Demo Talking Points
- Introducing the African Heritage Diet: Key Points
- African Heritage Diet Pyramid Walkthrough
- Learning More About The African Heritage Diet
- Participant Handouts
- African Heritage Diet 101
- African Heritage Common Foods
- Setting Up Your First African Heritage Kitchen
- 3 Demo Recipes — Oldways After-Chop Fruit Salad, Cold Black-Eyed Pea Salad, Sweet Potato Peanut Stew (Mafé)
- A Taste of African Heritage ﬂyer