⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk fortiﬁed with vitamin B-12
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup arugula
1 cup frozen lima beans, defrosted
1 large carrot, grated
½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika.
3. In a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and arugula, lima beans, carrot, cherry tomatoes, and scallions. Stir until combined. Cook for about 6-8 minutes until the vegetables soften.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and allow the eggs to cover them evenly. Add the thyme.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the eggs are ﬁrm.
6. Cool in the pan and then slice into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Emilia Petrucci and Oldways. Media: contact us for permission to reprint and for a hi-res image.
Total Fat: 10.2g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Added Sugar: 0g
Review this Recipe