4 pounds zucchini
½ pound beef, minced
7 ounces brown rice, short grain
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of ground cinnamon
3 ounces canned diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ pound lamb chops
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tomatoes, cut in circles
- Core the zucchini, rinse, and set aside.
- Mix together the minced beef, rice, salt, pepper, cinnamon and tomatoes.
- Stuﬀ the cored zucchini with the meat and rice mixture.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the lamb chops.
- Lay the lamb chops in the bottom of the saucepan and arrange the stuﬀed zucchini over it.
- Top it with a layer of tomato slices and cover with water. Add the tomato paste and sprinkle with salt. Cover the zucchinis with a plate and the pot lid.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about an hour before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy Al Wadi Al Akhdar
Total Fat: 24g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 36g