1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
¾ cup eggplant, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
¾ cup quinoa, cooked
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 large red bell peppers, halved
4 eggs, large
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook onion, eggplant, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes, or until eggplant starts to soften. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes; cook for about 5 minutes or until eggplant and tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa and half of the parsley.
- Spoon quinoa and vegetable mixture evenly into red pepper halves, and arrange the halves in greased baking dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until peppers are tender-crisp.
- Remove foil. Crack an egg into each stuﬀed pepper and sprinkle with feta. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and eggs whites are set or until desired doneness. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
This recipe and photo created by Lyana Begret for the Egg Nutrition Center.