4 round courgettes or zucchini
4 tablespoon arborio rice
2 red onions
1 medium carrot
½ bunch dill
½ bunch ﬂat leaf parsley
½ teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
Handful of cashew nuts
½ pound lean ground beef
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
8 birdseye chillies (optional)
Pepper to tast
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash and dry the courgettes, cut oﬀ the tops, and gently perforate all the way around by pricking with a fork. Scoop out the soft ﬂesh and put to one side.
- Rinse the rice under running water and drain well.
- Peel the onions and dice ﬁnely.
- Peel and ﬁnely dice the carrot.
- Wash the dill and parsley, shake dry and ﬁnely chop.
- Wash, dry, and ﬁnely chop the tomatoes.
- Mix the beef with the scooped-out courgette pulp, rice, onions, carrot, dill, parsley, mustard seeds, cashew nuts (reserve 4 for decoration) and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with pepper to taste and then ﬁll the courgettes with the mixture.
- Put the courgettes in a deep roasting pan, base-side down, drizzle over the remaining olive oil, and pour in enough water to reach almost the tops of the courgettes.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 40 minutes until the courgettes have collapsed slightly and the mixture has expanded to the top.
- Heat the broiler to high. Decorate the baked courgettes with the chillies and the reserved cashew nuts and broil for a few minutes, until slightly golden. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe, content and photo courtesy of Positively Good For You