Active time25 Minutes
Total time1.5 hours
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 ¼ cups of sugar
1 cup slivered almonds
1 ¼ cups whole wheat ﬂour
1 ¼ cups unbleached white ﬂour
1 ½ teaspoons baking poder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup orange juice
1 orange, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt or tube pan, or springform pan.
- Finely grind ½ cup of the slivered almonds, and then mix with the ﬂour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine olive oil, sugar and eggs until frothy.
- Add small amounts of ﬂour and orange juice to the egg mixture until you have combined all the ingredients.
- Add the orange zest to the batter and then put into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup of slivered almonds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15-30 minutes and then remove from the pan, inverting it so that the almonds are on top.
Recipe adapted from Mark Bittman’s “How to Cook Everything.” Photo courtesy of Kayla Sinnott
Total fat: 21g
Saturated fat: 3g
Total sugars: 33g
Added sugars: 31g
How'd it Taste?
Review this Recipe