2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
8 medium plum tomatoes (or 1 28-oz can whole tomatoes)
2 sprigs fresh parsley
4 sprigs fresh thyme (or ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it ripples.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, salt, and pepper, breaking apart the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
An Oldways recipe
Total Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)