6 ounces whole grain penne or rotini pasta (to yield about 3 cups cooked pasta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
½ cup peas
1 carrot, chopped
½ onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons jerk seasoning
2 fresh thyme sprigs
½ cup light cream
¼ cup low sodium vegetable stock
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat. Add the bell peppers, peas, carrots, and onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, for about a minute.
- Add the jerk seasoning to the pot and stir. Add the thyme, light cream and vegetable stock then bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, then stir to coat the noodles fully before serving.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Brianne Brathwaite
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Sugar: 5g (Added Sugar: 0g)