4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ cantaloupe, seeds removed, cut into ½ inch thick slices
1 pound whole grain pasta (such as penne or farfalle)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into small pieces
4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Use 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to brush both sides of the cantaloupe slices, then grill on an outdoor grill or grill pan until grill marks appear (about 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Once cool, cut grilled cantaloupe into bite-sized pieces, discarding the peel.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil with the lemon juice, the Dijon, the salt, and the pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked, drained pasta with the lemon Dijon dressing, then add the chickpeas, prosciutto, mozzarella, grilled cantaloupe, and basil, and toss until well combined.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Sugar: 7g (Added Sugar: 0g)