2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon miso
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
16 ounces tempeh, diced into bite-sized pieces
juice of 2 limes
⅛ teaspoon salt.
8 ounces spring greens (or salad green of choice)
1 avocado, cubed
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
3 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, miso, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to make the marinade.
- Combine the marinade and the diced-tempeh in a large zip-top bag or covered container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Set the oven to 425°F. Spread the marinated tempeh out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, ﬂip, then bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- While the tempeh is cooking, make the dressing. Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with the lime juice and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, toss together the spring greens and dressing. Toss in the avocado cubes, red onion, and peach slices and continue mixing until the avocado coats the leaves.
- Add in the cooked tempeh, then divide salad among 4 bowls to serve.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 30g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Sugar: 13g (Added Sugar: 3g)