1 head cauliﬂower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 cup freekeh
⅔ cup black lentils
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
⅔ cup dried cherries
⅓ cup pistachios
Optional garnish: chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliﬂower with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the salt and pepper, then roast until golden-brown, about 30 minutes.
- While the cauliﬂower is cooking cook freekeh according to package instructions.
- In a separate pot, cover lentils with a few inches of water, and cook according to package instructions.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Drain oﬀ any excess water from the freekeh and lentils, then combine in a large mixing bowl and toss with cooked cauliﬂower, dried cherries, pistachios, and dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with chopped fresh mint, if desired.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g