Having a simple sauce recipe up your sleeve can change a meal from bland to scrumptious. The sauces created in the Mediterranean region take little time to complete and usually require very few ingredients making them easy, aﬀordable and, of course, tasty! Peanut Pesto *Serves 6* Try this twist on pesto over roasted vegetables or as a sandwich spread. Ingredients:
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh ﬂat leaf parsley sprigs, stems removed
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts, unsalted
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the basil and parsley in a blender or food processor. Puree.
- Add peanuts, cheese and garlic and pulse until well chopped.
- With the machine running, slowly add olive oil and process until pesto is smooth and creamy.
Add a Comment