2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups bulgur, coarse or ﬁne
3 ½ cups water
½ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, ground
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute longer.
- Add the diced green bell pepper and cook for a about 5 minutes, until it softens.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well. Add the tomato paste and mix well. Add the salt and pepper and the bulgur and stir until combined.
- Turn the heat to medium high and add the water. Once it comes to simmer, lower the heat to medium, and cook covered for about 20-25 minutes or until the water is almost completely evaporated. Turn the heat to medium low or simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Fluﬀ it with a fork and top with ground peanuts before serving.
An Oldways recipe and photograph, created in Partnership with The Peanut Institute peanut-institute.org, adapted from Unicorns in the Kitchen
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Sugar: 3g (Added Sugar: 0g)