3 cups cooked whole grain sorghum, packed
2 Tablespoons ﬂat leaf parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup raisins, packed
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
½ apple, chopped into small pieces
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon sorghum syrup (or pure maple syrup)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook sorghum according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Transfer 3 cups packed sorghum to a medium bowl, adding the parsley, rosemary, thyme, apple, raisins and toasted pine nuts.
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, add vinegar, sorghum syrup, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil until nicely combined.
- Pour over the sorghum mixture and gently mix to coat evenly. Give the salad time to cool and let the ﬂavor develop. It’s wonderful the next day!
Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RDN, for the United Sorghum Checkoﬀ Program
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Sugar: 15g (Added Sugar: 3g)