2 acorn squash
1 (15-ounce) can salmon
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
¼ cup whole grain breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the acorn squashes in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds to form a bowl. Place the bowls in a large baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon, yogurt, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and breadcrumbs.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat, then warm the oil. Add the garlic and celery and cook for 3 minutes until they soften. Add the parsley and seafood seasoning and cook for another minute, stirring often.
- Add the cooked, seasoned celery mixture to the salmon mixture, and mix until combined. Stuﬀ each squash bowl with equal amounts of the salmon ﬁlling.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 1 hour. Then remove foil and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes, until squash is tender and the ﬁlling is browned.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugar: 1g
Added Sugars: 0g