4 slices whole grain bread
2 tablespoons harissa
8 ounces plain hummus
1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
1 ½ tablespoons mango chutney
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 ounces haricot verts, blanched and sliced
4 ounces arugula
Salt and pepper, to taste
Everything seasoning (optional)
- Bake or toast bread. While bread is toasting, mix together harissa and hummus, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip mustard, mango chutney, red wine vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, set vinaigrette aside.
- Combine haricot verts and fresh arugula, then toss mango vinaigrette over greens, coat evenly, and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespooon of olive oil to a frying pan at medium-high heat. Add eggs and fry for 4 minutes, or until white are cooked solid. Remove from heat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus evenly across each slice of toast. Top with arugula mix and a fried egg. Season salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Bakery de France.
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Sugar: 5g
Added Sugar 0g