8 ounces whole grain orzo
¼ cup ﬁnely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 medium zucchini, chopped into large chunks
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. In a medium bowl, toss the cooked, drained orzo with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- While the pasta is cooking, thread the shrimp, tomatoes, and zucchini pieces on 4 long, metal grill skewers, alternating so that each skewer has an assortment of veggies and shrimp. Set the prepared skewers on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then drizzle over the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 3-5 minutes on each side, until shrimp is opaque and veggies begin to soften.
- Divide orzo into 4 portions and top each portion of orzo with 1 long skewer of cooked shrimp and vegetables.
An Oldways recipe, courtesy of Kelly Toups
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Total Sugar: 5g (Added Sugar: 0g)