2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, cut into ½-inch dice (about 1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 x 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 x 14 ounce can light coconut milk
8 ounces white ﬁsh, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed and cut in half
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 ¼ cups)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Optional: cooked brown rice, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, ginger, curry powder, and cayenne pepper, and cook stirring frequently, until onions become translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
4. Add the ﬁsh, sugar snap peas, mango, salt, and pepper, and cook at a low boil for about 4 minutes, until ﬁsh is cooked through.
5. Ladle the curry into four bowls. Serve over rice, if desired.
An Oldways Recipe and Photo
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 5g