2 ½ cups chicken ﬁllet
1 ¾ cups tri-colored peppers
1 cup chicken stock
1 big onion
2 ripe tomatoes
1 teaspoon of sugar
¼ teaspoon oregano
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh basil leaves
¾ cup feta cheese
10 Kalamata olives
- Cut the peppers and the onion in slices.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes and remove the seeds.
- In a big steep frying pan, sauté the chicken ﬁllets in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove them from the pan and keep them warm.
- In the same frying pan, add the peppers and onions and sauté them for two minutes, afterward add the chicken ﬁllets previously prepared.
- Lowering the ﬁre, add the stock, the tomatoes, the sugar, the oregano, the pepper and a little bit of salt, and let it boil in slow ﬁre for approximately 35 minutes.
- Next, add the Kalamata Olives and the feta cheese, shake the pan and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Serve the dish with fresh basil and olive oil.
Recipe and photo courtesy of GAEA
Saturated Fat: 3.5g