Join Oldways and SRV Chefs Kevin O’Donnell and Michael Lombardi in the Veneto, a spectacular region in northern Italy. Experience ﬁrsthand why the Veneto is known for its rich history and heritage, its splendid wines and ingredients, and its strikingly beautiful cities and landscapes.
We’ll be based in two very diﬀerent places—in the city of Verona and in Cison di Valmarino, in the mountains northwest of Venice. In both places, we’ll visit food and wine producers as well as cultural sites. We will also spend a full day in Venice. And, of course, we’ll have wonderful cooking demonstrations with Chefs Kevin and Michael, along with some incredible meals. Continue reading for more, and ﬁll out our webform to request further information.
Exploration of the Veneto will include:
• A cooking class with SRV Chefs Kevin O’Donnell and Michael Lombardi
• Winery visits to learn and taste some of Italy’s ﬁnest wines—Bardolino, Valpolicella, Amarone, and Soave
• A day-long visit to Venice—its markets, canals, cultural sites, and some free time to see and experience whatever you wish
• A guided tour of beautiful Verona, full of history, beautiful art and architecture, and the home of Romeo and Juliet
• A hands-on pasta class with an Italian chef and Chefs Kevin and Michael
• Four nights at the splendid Due Torri Hotel in Verona and three nights at the historical Hotel Castel Brando
• Visits to producers of honey, cheese, and olive oil, with tastings
• Wonderful meals featuring the traditional foods and ingredients of the Veneto—in small country trattorias, with producers, and in elegant city restaurants
• And much, much more!
We’ll meet in Cison di Valmarino at the Hotel Castel Brando on Sunday, April 28, 2019. The price of the tour includes most meals, 5-star hotel accommodations for 7 nights, and all tour activities. Participants make their own arrangements for airfare (Venice is the closest major airport) and transportation to/from the airport. For more information, please ﬁll out our webform here.