For the salad:
8 small red potatoes, uniform in size (about 1 pound)
1 6-ounce can white tuna in water, drained
12 steamed asparagus spears
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons minced red onion
For the dressing:
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Leave skin on potatoes, quarter and place in large pot; pour over enough water to cover.
- Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Arrange potatoes on platter with tuna, asparagus, radishes, olives and onion.
- In small bowl, scrape garlic and salt together to make a paste. Then whisk in lemon juice, mustard and olive oil; drizzle over salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Adapted recipe and photo from the US Potato Board