Total time1 hour 5 minutes
5 ounces dry lentils
½ cup sorghum
2 fresh garlic cloves
2 cups fresh rainbow swiss chard
12 fresh basil leaves
2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
2 cups red grapes
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
½ fresh lemon
1 tablespoon tahini paste
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon cold water
10 ounces fresh salmon ﬁllet, skin removed
2 cups baby arugula
- Wash all produce and rinse sorghum and lentils prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cook sorghum and lentils separately in simmering water until tender. Sorghum will take approximately 50 minutes and Lentils – 5 to 7 minutes. Cool.
- Place the garlic in a small piece of foil and completely cover with the foil. Place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Chop the Swiss chard into bite size pieces and rough chop the basil, keep separate. Slice cherry tomatoes and grapes in half.
- Make the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, add the roasted garlic, turmeric, fresh squeezed lemon juice, tahini, ⅛ teaspoon of salt and pepper and mix well. Slowly drizzle 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and whisk to combine. Add water if needed to thin out dressing.
- Season both sides of the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper. In a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the salmon and sear well on each side for about 2-3 minutes each. If needed you can put the salmon in the oven to ﬁnish cooking. Internal temperature needs to be 145 F.
- Arrange lentils, sorghum, arugula and chard in a bowl. Add salmon. Evenly sprinkle tomatoes, grapes and basil over the top and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Compass Group
Total fat: 14g
Saturated fat: 2g
Total Sugar: 16g
Added Sugar: 0g
Review this Recipe