4 cups swiss chard, shredded
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
4 radishes, sliced (or substitute with grated carrots or beets)
½ English cucumber, sliced (or substitute with shaved fennel)
6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup Kalamata olives, optional
1 cup chickpeas, cooked
1 cup Italian parsley, chopped (or substitute with cilantro, basil, or mint)
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (or slivered almonds)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest, ﬁnely grated
2 teaspoons honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl (either keeping the ingredients separate in small piles over the greens, or tossing them together).
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Dress the salad and toss. You will probably not need all the dressing.
- Adjust salt and lemon amounts, adding more if necessary.
- Sprinkle with nuts or seeds and the optional sprouts.
Recipe and photo courtesy the American Pulse Association.
Saturated Fat: 2g