6 ounces whole grain macaroni (or use 1 box of your favorite whole grain mac and cheese and omit the following two ingredients)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 (14-ounce) package tofu, medium ﬁrm, cut into ½” cubes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 jalapeño, sliced
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Prepare macaroni and cheese by cooking the pasta according to package instructions, draining it, and then tossing it with olive oil and Parmigiano. (Alternatively, prepare boxed mac and cheese according to instructions on the box).
- While pasta is cooking, heat a small skillet to medium-high heat and add oil to pan.
- Season tofu with salt and pepper then place tofu in pan and turn every minute or so until it has a golden color all around.
- Once tofu is cooked, remove from pan onto paper-towel-lined plate.
- When macaroni and cheese is done cooking, sprinkle with grated carrot and arrange tofu and jalapeño on top.
- Drizzle with hoisin sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Good Citizens.
Total Fat: 19g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Sugar: 12g
Added Sugar 0g