We posted this recipe a few years ago on the blog, but it’s so nice, we wanted to post it twice! Try this twist on pesto over roasted vegetables or as a sandwich spread. Recipe courtesy of The Peanut Institute. Peanut Pesto
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh ﬂat leaf parsley sprigs, stems removed
- ¾ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the basil and parsley in a blender or food processor and puree. Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Add peanuts, cheese and garlic and pulse until well chopped and blended into a chunky paste.
- With the machine running, slowly add olive oil and process until pesto is smooth and creamy.
Per Serving: Calories: 228, Protein: 7 grams, Fat: 21 grams, Saturated Fat: 4 grams, Carbohydrates: 5 grams, Sodium: 71 mg.