Summertime for many people means plenty of beach-related activities, including indulging in the delicious fruits of the sea. You may not have sun and sand on your calendar this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat like you’re on the coast. Mediterranean Style King Crab Salad*Serves 4* Try this on a warm summer night paired with a crisp white wine or sparkling cider. Ingredients
- 8 ounces king crab meat, segmented into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, sliced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 cup baby ﬁeld greens or spring mix
- 1 cup romaine, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 each plum tomatoes, quartered
- In a medium bowl, blend all dressing ingredients together, except crab meat. Gently fold in crab meat. Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all salad base ingredients together. Mound ½ cup salad base onto plate. Top with approx. ⅓ cup portion crab salad. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from National Fisheries Institute.
Find more Fresh Friday recipes on the Mediterranean Foods Alliance website.