Happy Fresh Friday! This versatile and delicious spread can be eaten 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (which some of us at the Oldways oﬃce come close to doing!). Hummus is also a great source of protein and ﬁber, two essential nutrients for a successful school or work day. Breakfast
- Instead of peanut butter or cream cheese, spread plain hummus on whole wheat toast or a whole wheat bagel and top with tomato slices.
- Try hummus rolled in a wrap with vegetables for a quick lunch.
- Cut up vegetables or toast pita wedges and send them along to school with a small cup of hummus for dipping.
- Substitute hummus for mayonnaise in tuna or egg salad sandwiches.
- Add more ﬂavor and a creamy texture to soups by adding a couple tablespoons to the pot.
- Stuﬀ Roma tomatoes with it and serve them over a big, green salad.
- Mix ⅓-½ cup hummus with 10 ounces of lean ground meat — it keeps burgers and meatloaf juicy.