Slow Cooker Italian Chicken with Noodles
Don't skimp on the herbs! They add special flavor to this fragrant dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces. Sprinkle with thyme and oregano. Place the chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, and onion slices in a slow cooker. Top with the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Stir in the noodles and peas, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on high or just until the noodles are tender.
Nutritional Analysis:Per Serving: Calories: 325, Fat: 9 grams, Sodium: 454 milligrams, Carbohydrate: 33 grams, Protein: 28 grams