Seared Salmon Salad With Curry-Yogurt Dressing
This sweet and spicy salad makes a satisfying lunch or light supper.
- 12 small new or fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless salmon filet
- 6 cups arugula
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Toss the potatoes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes cook, in a small bowl make the dressing: Combine the shallots, cider vinegar, salt, curry, cayenne, sugar and yogurt. Set aside.
- Cut the salmon into 6 even-sized pieces and rub with the remaining olive oil. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Sear the salmon on each side for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to the baking sheet with the cooked potatoes and bake the two together for 5 minutes for medium or medium-rare. If you prefer well done, cook for 8 minutes.
- Divide the arugula evenly between 6 plates. Place a piece of salmon and two potatoes over each portion of arugula and drizzle generously with the yogurt curry mixture.
Nutritional Analysis:Cal: 580, Fat: 15g, Sodium: 710mg, Carb: 64g, Protein 44g