Lemon and Olive Oil Salad Dressing
Freshly squeezed lemon juice is a perfect companion with olive oil, and together they are a wonderfully light and clean addition to any kind of salad. We learned this in Madrid, at lunches and dinners with Olive Oil Council Executive Director Fausto Luchetti and his wife Mar; many of them at the El Olivo Restaurant, a cathedral of Mediterranean oils.
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Mix together salt and minced garlic. Mix together lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add the salt and garlic mixture to the lemon juice and olive oil in a tightly closed container.
- Shake and serve as a clean, fresh salad dressing. Sprinkle the zest on top of the salad just before serving.