Prep time45 minutes
Total time45 minutes
1 large kohlrabi
½ a butternut squash
1 egg (for non-egg eaters create an egg substitute with ﬂax or chia seeds)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne
½ cup coconut oil
- Cut the leaves oﬀ the kohlrabi and peel the bulb. Using a food processor or grater, shred the khlorabi into thin pasta-like pieces.
- Repeat for the squash.
- One at a time, squeeze the shredded vegetables in a tea or cheese cloth with your hands to remove moisture.
- Add the squash and kohlrabi to a medium bowl with 1 egg or egg replacer, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon cayenne. Mix to combine.
- Place ½ cup coconut oil in a large skillet (enough for ¼-inch depth). Heat the oil over high/medium high heat, then place small patties of the fritter mixture into the oil. Fry on one side until browned, then fry on the other side. Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve fritters with sour cream, salsa, or applesauce!