2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 (12-inch) prepared pizza crusts or partially cooked homemade pizza crusts (preferably whole grain)
¾ cup prepared garlic hummus
¾ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup halved black olives
¾ cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
¾ cup halved, pitted kalamata olives (or more to taste)
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
20-24 small fresh basil leaves
- Heat the grill to medium or preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over each pizza crust.
- In a medium bowl combine hummus, ricotta, and chopped olives, mix well, and spread half of the mixture over each crust. Top each with some of the feta cheese, thyme leaves, and rosemary. Place halved olives cut side down over each pizza and sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over each.
- Grill, covered, for a few minutes, until the cheese melts, or bake 12 to 14 minutes.
- Transfer the pizzas to cutting boards, add the basil leaves, slice, and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Lindsay Olives