1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
½ cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, grated
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon fresh ﬂat-leaf parsley
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, and sugar.
- Add in the cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the carrots and thoroughly coat with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Gently fold in dates and garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Bard Valley Natural Delights