1 cup ﬂour (preferably white whole wheat)
¼ teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
4 tablespoons butter
⅔ cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons plain lowfat Greek yogurt
½ cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the brownies, whisk together the ﬂour, salt, and baking soda in a medium-size mixing bowl. Set aside. Combine the chocolate and butter, and melt in a double boiler.
- Once melted, add to the ﬂour mixture, then slowly add the sugar, vanilla, eggs and yogurt. Mix well and pour the batter into a lightly greased 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325°F. Top the cake with the yogurt cheese mixture. Continue baking for 35 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- To make the topping, combine all ingredients, mix well, and set aside.
Courtesy of Stonyﬁeld/Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt