Video also available with Spanish subtitles.
If you are a registered dietitian, please click here for CPE Course Quiz.
This Oldways one-hour on-demand webinar, PASTA: A UNIQUE GRAIN FOOD, explains how pasta’s compact structure helps it release its energy slowly and steadily. The scientiﬁc presenters also cover the broad topic of healthy carbohydrates, traditional diets like the Mediterranean Diet, and pasta’s role in reducing obesity.
The international scientists participating in this CPE course are:
Kantha Shelke, PhD
Corvus Blue (Chicago, USA) on pasta as a real, traditional food, including information about its history and how its structure and manufacturing contribute to its healthfulness.
Gabriele Riccardi, MD
Federico II University (Naples, Italy) on healthy carbohydrates and the low glycemic impact of pasta, and its place in the Mediterranean Diet.
Marta Garaulet Aza, PhD, DrPH
University of Murcia and Garaulet Clinics (Murcia, Spain) on pasta and weight management, and more speciﬁcally, pasta’s contribution to reducing obesity in a clinical setting.
President of Oldways (Boston, USA) summarizing the presentations, including the Healthy Pasta Meal Scientiﬁc Consensus Statement.
Oldways is a preferred provider for Continuing Professional Education by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in the US, and this presentation is available to health professionals worldwide.
If you are a dietitian or a dietetic technician, simply follow the instructions below to learn more about the Pasta: A Unique Grain Food webinar and earn one CPE credit hour.
- Read the Learning Objectives at the top right of this webpage for the CPE self study program.
- Watch Pasta: A Unique Grain Food webinar to begin the course.
- To ensure you have met the Course Objectives, download and complete the course’s Pasta CPE Quiz. When you are ﬁnished, download and view the Pasta CPE Answer Key.
- Complete the Pasta CPE Online Evaluation Form to verify your participation in the course.
- Finally, download Oldways’ Pasta CPE Certiﬁcate of Completion for this course. This documents successful completion and earns you 1 credit hour.
Congratulations on your completion!
If you have questions about the Pasta CPE course, please contact Kelly Toups at email@example.com.